A lead of 3-1 for LFC ends 4-3 against Eidgah united

Goals from Sherwin Lucas, Joshua and Jared helped Laurentian football club secure a 4-3 victory against Eidgah united football club.

The match began with both trying to gain some sort of foothold. Both attempting shots on goal as well as trying to keep good spells of possession. The dead lock was broken by Eidgah united when the then center back, Bruce, was caught in possession. He was dispossessed and the striker had the easy task of slotting the ball past the LFC goal keeper.

The goal fired up the LFC side. They constantly looked for opportunities to score and nearly got the equalizer when a Calvin Albuquerque shot was parried by the opposition goal keeper into the path of Sherwin. However the LFC striker was only able to blaze it wide. LFC did get their goal however when Sherwin’s shot went through the keeper’s hands.

The second goal came soon after. A lovely pass by Imran found Sherwin in space and the LFC striker needed no invitation to fire the ball past the helpless opposition keeper. At half time (30 mins half) the score line was in favor of LFC -2-1.

The third goal for LFC came early in the second half when Imran took a quick throw-in which took the opposition defense by surprise and Joshua Pinho danced his way past the opposition defender before coolly firing the ball into the bottom corner. Eidgah united however did not just lie down and by some support from the referee (time keeping), they hit back at LFC, creating several chances. And it wasn’t long before they got two goals to bring the score to 3-3. The second came in the 48th Minute and the third in the 60th Minute.

At this point the coach of LFC pointed out that the time of the 2nd half had crossed over an hour. But the other team insisted that it was a friendly so no time bar match. We were ok and continued to play, and both teams tried desperately to find the winner. Eidgah united had many chances to score, but were not clinical enough to take any of them. The winner came when Jared latched on to a pass from Joshua and shot the ball past the opposition goal keeper. There was a bit of controversy when the opposition striker felt he was fouled in the box and demanded a penalty, however a free kick was given a the edge of the box which angered the opposition and they left the field in protest. The match ended 4-3 where LFC held on for a deserved win.